Mos Eisley Police Department Financial Officer

DirtyBoy

Hey troops....here's an idea I've been toying with for a couple years now and would like to see happen....a official MEPD Financial Officer/ treasurer..

someone who handles stuff like incoming donations, contributions for the site, large project runs, etc.... but is also available as an additional safe guard for troopers making a large purchase.

For example:

Joe is selling his full set of armor for $2000 but based on real life stuff joe hasn't been active for about a year....Tim really wants to buy joes gear but doesn't know him and $2000 is a lot of money. Tim and Joe would mutually agree to use our FO as a middle man.....Tim would PayPal funds to FO....Joe would verify with FO that funds arrived, then ship the gear providing the FO with tracking....once the gear arrived the FO would transfer funds to joe.

All PayPal fees would have to be worked out by Tim and Joe. It would not be the responsibility for the FO to evaluate quality or anything of that nature...simply just to confirm product shipped.

Thoughts?

?? Interesting idea for sure. I like it! One thing though. Hypothetical

What if the middle man, for some reason down the road, turned to the dark side and disappeared with say 2000.00? Who would be responsible for paying that back or recouping the lost funds?

I know, in my groups, we are bonded, to cover this. But in the diverse group, how would, or could this be done?

Unfortunately it would come down to PayPal at that point or the legal system.

The person appointed to this position would have to have a long term positive relationship with the detachment and have a proven record of coming through on deliveries of goods. Someone who has had successful project runs and continues to do so. Ideally someone who is vested in the detachment and had something to lose if the relationship was severed.

The FO would have to set up a separate PayPal account to handle funds and would be responsible to supply monthly statements.

PayPal transfers not marked as gift are insured up to 5000. Only problem is that I cures fees 4%. Also PayPal transfers would require a business account as high volumes of money going through the system would be flagged on a personal account. This would require another charge of 2% I believe.

excellent glad you guys like the idea.....it will be in a test phase to start out of course and be 100% optional. In no way shape or form would the detachment be involved in the personal transactions other than as an option to use a fellow trooper to temp hold the money. to start we would just be holding for official MEPD funds....then once the kinks are worked out we will go live on the other if the demand is there.

what about a fund to assist like a small monthly donation into an account designed to help new members with equipment and updates for the forum and what not. for example I work in the military and my company has a fund in which every soldier donates (not Mandatory) say by seniority for ex. in my unit its by rank meaning I am a SSG E-6 so i pay $6.00 a month towards the fund but say a PFC E-3 only pays $3.00 a month once again not mandatory but those that donate are put on a list and whenever we have a company event we are given a chance at rewards i won a PS3 at the christmas raffle which was cool and one of the other soldiers that donates won a 42" LED TV at the same rate we also use the fund to pay for trips, barbeques, company t-shirts (everytime we get a new CO we always end up getting a new design company shirt to wear during friday physical training lol) and all of that is funded by that funds to assist account just idea but i think it would help with the forum, shirts being ordered, runs on gear like the pouches, and other items per say nothing super expensive but i think ya'll get my point any thoughts?????

Interesting Idea for sure Dave. I think it would work, especially on items like patches or items we wanted all deployed members to have, that maybe couldnt afford them. Small first, and bigger later. Or like you said, to assist on runs. Interesting :thumbsup: Would have to see what everyone else thinks though. Especially the bosses!!!!

Ok so here we go.....

the official MEPD finances will be handled by Jay (trooper1) Parsons and our paypal account will be

MEPDFO@yahoo.com

There are checks and balances in place to ensure the success of this program but will require a little bit of time to work out all the small details. Those who wish to com=ntibute to the site can start using the above email account

• 1 month later...