Pouch Review Thread - Post Your Pouch Pics Here!

All,

It seems that there are many threads with folks posting "is this pouch acceptable?" I think if we all posted our pouches here it might be easier to find photos of good and less than good pouches all in one place.

Please feel free to use this thread to post photos of your newly acquired pouches so helpful MEPD members may review and commend.

Aloha,

-Eric

Allow me to selfishly be the first one to utilize this new thread.

I got this pouch off of ebay.

Two questions:

• Does the tool pouch need to be moved?
  • Is the material ok for SWAT? It seems like the canvas is a bit more rough than others.
I have my rattle can ready to go :)

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a perfect place to ask this question! If one were to take away the tool pouch, would a black 3 pouch set like the one seen above be acceptable to place on the hip? The leather ones would be preferable, but I honestly cannot find them anywhere :(

Hey Steven, How are you bro?

That one on ebay does looks nice and could make a cool TD pouch maybe even for Police Officer status, but unfortunately it would not be accepted for SWAT. Main reason is, those pouches does not actually appear in leather in ANH. That kind of pouch but made in canvas is the one that the Looks Sir Droids and the Move Along Troopers wear on the shoulder.

That particular kind and material was once very popular since it was the one portrayed by Art Andres in the Look Sir Droids site, but we now know it was not used on ANH. Therefore, it is inaccurate. Sorry to say that.

Anyway, it does looks great and is no problem with the 501st basic CRL.

Sorry bro, don't mean to discourage you.

Eric,

That pouch looks quiet good. Just paint it black or dye it dark green, age it and weather it and it is ready for some action!

Even the tool pouch is in the right place.

Saludos.

Juan

What a perfect place to ask this question! If one were to take away the tool pouch, would a black 3 pouch set like the one seen above be acceptable to place on the hip? The leather ones would be preferable, but I honestly cannot find them anywhere :(

the 3 pouch set for your belt/hip need to leather as the canvas ones were only used for the shoulder pouch.

also the 3 slot leather pouch was also used on the shoulder for certain troopers! :thumbsup:

Hey Steven, How are you bro?

That one on ebay does looks nice and could make a cool TD pouch maybe even for Police Officer status, but unfortunately it would not be accepted for SWAT. Main reason is, those pouches does not actually appear in leather in ANH. That kind of pouch but made in canvas is the one that the Looks Sir Droids and the Move Along Troopers wear on the shoulder.

That particular kind and material was once very popular since it was the one portrayed by Art Andres in the Look Sir Droids site, but we now know it was not used on ANH. Therefore, it is inaccurate. Sorry to say that.

Anyway, it does looks great and is no problem with the 501st basic CRL.

Sorry bro, don't mean to discourage you.

Eric,

That pouch looks quiet good. Just paint it black or dye it dark green, age it and weather it and it is ready for some action!

Even the tool pouch is in the right place.

Saludos.

Juan

:6:

So these would be fine then ? Just dye black ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GERMAN-ARMY-WW2-MP40-AMMO-AMMUNITION-POUCHES-MP-40-/120764319082?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c1e1d456a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GERMAN-ARMY-WW2-MP40-DAK-AMMO-POUCHES-MP-40-REPRO-/120769017727?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c1e64f77f

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great info guys. I have a stupid question. Those of you who have dyed the canvas ones do you think there would be much difference in the finished product between these 2?

http://www.ima-usa.c...wwii-green.html

or

http://www.ima-usa.c...-pouch-set.html

As one is green and one is tan what do you guys think? Also, how do you dye them? Are you painting with leather dye or using Rit or some other clothing dye? Thanks.

edit: Also, I'm looking for a small spanish for the Alley Way trooper. Any good sources? The above site had none last I looked.

Hey Joe,

I guess it wont matter as for the color of the canvas, the color of the leather might vary though...

I used regular cloth dye and it worked fine for me, but Ive heard not everyone has had the same result.

About the spanish pouch, check the for sale thread as there are a couple runs being done. From the top of my mind I know Anthony TD -8266 is making them, I am not sure but Boo aka Brad might be doing them aswell. Also there are at least 2 threads offering original pouches at a fair price. Might not be on the first page since I have not seen anyone ordering them lately. Check the Pouch and misc section also... You will find it no problem.

If not, let us know.

Saludos.

Thanks, Juan.

Wasn't even thinking about the straps. Good point. Been looking online for the small pouch to see if I can hunt down something used and already lived in. My guess is these are small spanish Mauser ammo pouches? I'll probabaly be looking for one here though. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...