*REVIEW IN PROGRESS*TD-4785 requesting for deployment

@ Johnnie - Welcome back and nice to see you ready to serve in the 'Precinct', Brother!

As a reminder, all of our candidates are told that this may be an long, ongoing process depending on the submission. So, please be patient as I give your armor / gear a full inspection and review. Some details may definitely be missed and re-checked, but I will try to catch them on every pass given it until you are cleared and ready to be deployed as an Officer of the MEPD!

Let's re-start your review...

APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 1 continued)

Name: Johnnie Saares

Legion ID #: TD-4785

Forum Name: TD-4785

Garrison: Nordic

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- CHECK

b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK

c.) Correct Number Of Teeth -- CHECK

d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK

e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK

f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK

g.) Rank Bar -- CHECK

h.) Brow -- CHECK

i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Nice bucket. Good work! :thumbsup:

** CHECKED and CLEARED **

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Canvas Straps -- (SEE COMMENTS)

b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK

c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK

d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK

e.) Biceps -- CHECK

f.) Forearms -- CHECK

g.) Pauldron -- CHECK -- (SEE COMMENTS)

h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK

I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK

j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- (SEE COMMENTS)

k.) Thighs -- CHECK

l.) Shins / Calves -- (SEE COMMENTS)

m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK

n.) Boots -- CHECK

o.) Gloves -- CHECK

p.) Hand Plates / Guards --CHECK

q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edges -- (SEE COMMENTS)

r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK

s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK

t.) Pouches -- CHECK

u.) Weathering -- CHECK

v.) Crotch Snaps -- (SEE COMMENTS)

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Here the areas of note, so far...

1.) I know you stated that the buttons on the canvas straps are for the shoulder bells, but do you have any pics that show the straps without buttons? Need to see a close up, as well.

2.) Although your pauldron is acceptable for standard MEPD Deployment, you will need to get a more accurate one for SWAT. *i.e. Non-glossy and 'puffier' (If you choose to follow that path, that is).

3.) Need to see pic of snaps on crotch section

4.) Need to see close up of right shin/calf to check finishing strip detail on front.

5.) Need to see pics of side rivets (AB / Kidney) / 6 total

6.) Your Belt edges need to be angled off:

Posted Image

(Please mod to look like the examples below)

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Pics courtesy of SAND DEVIL / TD-10072)

III.) BACKPACK:

a.) Details -- (SEE COMMENTS)

b..) Weathering -- Pending

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Need to see current pics of Backpack. Include close ups of Front and sides.

IV.) WEAPON(S): E-11

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Your weapon needs the 'D-Ring' detail located at rear of gun. Please make mod and show pic when completed.

Thank you for the notes. It´s a whole lot easier to start fixing those now that I know what to do. I will try to get most of them done on sunday and post the new pics about the fixes and see if it´s all good.

The buttons are for shoulder bells. i do have another ones with out those buttons, but during the troop, those with the buttons just works a heck of a lot better. All the pictures that I have sent before are the same, except these fixes.

Just a tip. I use snaps as well for the shoulder bells. Only thing I do, is sew the button, in between two layers of elastic or canvas to hide them.

Johnnie,

Brad is right, these are mostly easy fixes. Like Mike said, remember it is a journey. In fairness, you were cleared and got TD (501st) with some things that are required and not there. Which is what the fixes are now, for the most part. I wanted to offer some ideas and opinions, and please remember, they are only that, my opinion. The CRLs and Command Staff are the last word, but hope this helps.

Mike,

To be fare, there are some things that are SWAT and some that are Deployed PD. So I just wanted to throw in some opinions, and they are only that.

(THE PICTURES BELOW ARE OF MY BUILD, FOR REFERENCE)

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Canvas Straps -- (SEE COMMENTS)

1.) I know you stated that the buttons on the canvas straps are for the shoulder bells, but do you have any pics that show the straps without buttons? Need to see a close up, as well.

-These look like they meet the CRLs to me.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/MEPDSandDevil/media/501st%20Pictures/501st%20MEPD%20Application/TD%20Build%20SDS%20Armor/IMG_1174.jpg.html]Posted Image[/url]

g.) Pauldron -- CHECK -- (SEE COMMENTS)

2.) Although your pauldron is acceptable for standard MEPD Deployment, you will need to get a more accurate one for SWAT. *i.e. Non-glossy and 'puffier' (If you choose to follow that path, that is).

-Yours is way too thin and shinny as is, but does meet CRLs for deployment. Just to complete the costume, I would ensure it is weathered to match your armor. It will need to be changed to "puffy" and weathered for SWAT (just food for thought), but not required for Deployed Officer under CRLs.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/MEPDSandDevil/media/501st%20Pictures/501st%20MEPD%20Application/Accessories/Pauldroncloseup3_zps0618a358.jpg.html]Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- (SEE COMMENTS)

3.) Need to see pic of snaps on crotch section

-Those were required before TD clearance (Ab and side, not cod), and pictures are needed. These may help:

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/MEPDSandDevil/media/501st%20Pictures/501st%20MEPD%20Application/TD%20Build%20SDS%20Armor/IMG_1189.jpg.html]Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

l.) Shins / Calves -- (SEE COMMENTS)

4.) Need to see close up of right shin/calf to check finishing strip detail on front

-Not sure the issue here. Mike can clarify.

p.) Hand Plates / Guards

-While Mike didn't mention this, your picture shows them as hard plastic or ABS, they are required to be flexible for Deployment under the CRLs.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/MEPDSandDevil/media/501st%20Pictures/501st%20MEPD%20Application/Accessories/IMG_1201.jpg.html]Posted Image[/url]

q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edges -- (SEE COMMENTS)

-I agree this should be, but not required per the CRLs. You are going to go for SWAT someday, so keep it in mind.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/MEPDSandDevil/media/501st%20Pictures/501st%20MEPD%20Application/TD%20Build%20SDS%20Armor/IMG_1204.jpg.html]Posted Image[/url]

v.) Crotch Snaps -- (SEE COMMENTS)

-I agree, but again, not in the CRLs as a requirement.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/MEPDSandDevil/media/501st%20Pictures/501st%20MEPD%20Application/TD%20Build%20SDS%20Armor/IMG_1194.jpg.html]Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

III.) BACKPACK:

Need to see current pics of Backpack. Include close ups of Front and sides.

-Your pack it the biggest thing to fix. You really will need it to have the right cistern, bottles, mortar caps, radar dish, seed trays, and bee stinger holder. The CRLs talk about them needing to be screen accurate. I would spend my time and focus on this area.

b..) Weathering -- Pending

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/MEPDSandDevil/media/501st%20Pictures/501st%20MEPD%20Application/MEPD%20Backpack%20Build/IMG_1148.jpg.html]Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

IV.) WEAPON(S): E-11

Your weapon needs the 'D-Ring' detail located at rear of gun. Please make mod and show pic when completed.

-Just a not that the Hasbro retro will not work if you are trying for SWAT,but should for Deployment.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/MEPDSandDevil/media/501st%20Pictures/501st%20MEPD%20Application/E-11%20Blaster/IMG_0504.jpg.html]Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you so much for the reply and pics. That made it a whole lot easier to do every fix right. After all, when I got this costume, it has been +10 years "in service". CRL has changed much since then and it was approved and my aim was to bring it back to present day. I have done a heck of a lot work for it and the work keeps on going :D

The backpack is the biggest issue, since it has been originally made out of from different pack as the one you send me (pic) but I´m about to re-build it completely to match the requirements.

Right now, my aim is to get this deployed, not to SWAT, yet ;) To get it as SWAT it´s going to be a much easier task when it´s deployed and done right that far :)

I can´t thank you enough for the tips and support that you guys keep on giving to me :)

I will get this done this time! :)

Great stuff Johnnie!!

I remember that my old AP went to finland...and this looks very much like it...actually, I recognise the weathering... ;)

I hope you get those mod's fixed soon so we can welcome you to the ranks bro'!!!