right pouch for belt ?

I believe you are referring to the "MP-18" pouch. I don't know that it actually is an "MP-18" pouch but I saw one on eBay years ago and that was the closest thing I have ever seen to what we see on screen. Here are a couple of ref pics.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Braks, isn't that trooper carrying the MG34 with the orange pauldron the one who comes into the cantina first looking for the "troublemakers" ?

• 2 weeks later...

Tough to say. One was filmed on location while the other was stage work... in two different countries, filmed a little over two weeks apart. It seems like they weren't very particular about whose armor, helmet, backpack, gun was whose and everyone just grabbed what was there. It certainly could have been the same trooper but I haven't looked into it.

Is the Norwegian post WWII MP-40 pouch screen accurate? I had always assumed it was the next best thing available and that the MP-40 pouches used in the film were German WWII MP38/MP40 ones.

They're close, but I wouldn't say they're spot on. The WW2 Stolla Wein pouches are similar, but the tabs are more pointed, and the pouch seems taller than the Norweigen MP40 pouch. The other pouches are also similar, but not identical. I think the closest one can get is to combine the Norweigen MP40 pouch with the canvas pouch that has all the extra strap bits. I cut the tabs on my Norweigen pouch to look like the Stolla Wein, but it is clearly too short. But, I had good results adding strapping and trimming the tabs on my other pouch.

From Braks on TDH - Pouches here and here. Looks to me like the post WWII ones are close but don't have the tight straight edges and the high pointed flaps also they look flatter. It's the high flap that really makes the difference. The canvas MP40 pouch leather straps added to the post war MP40 does make a pretty good leather german MP40 but then canvas ones as is look really good too.

I think I have said this before, but I want to mention it again. While I believe some of the puches were the original Stolla Wein pouches, I think others were not. The pouch on the shoulder of the trooper Davin shows the R2 part too appears to have a Stolla Wein pouch on his shoulder. However, to me, the pouch seen on the hip of the move along trooper seems to be something much more inferior and different. Take a look and see for yoruself.

Posted Image

It does have that softer rounded form and thinner material look - like the post war MP40 pouches but the flaps are still higher it seems... Then again scale is always hard to judge from screen grabs.