F0xtroopers mini trooper build

f0xtrooper

Since I built my armour my son has been desperate to join in the trooping fun. Tried TM but unfortunately he wasnt making anymore in my sons size so in desperation I bought a a set of kids sized armour from a fellow member on the FISD boards to suprise him. Boy was it a suprise! although un-assembled it was a mess I think it is some kind of FX style armour that someone has attempted to scale. Not moaning as I was fully aware a little work would be needed. Suffice to say it required a LOT of work (i.e. Bondo, styrene and whole lot e6000 :) ) Pieces needed re-trimming and re-shaping and finally a paint job. I have been working on it off and on for a few months and its finally starting to reach near completion (well at least a point where I am not too embarressed to show it :) )

Chase's Mini-Trooper

Posted Image

Its presently balancing on the pipe skeleton I built for my son. He's 7 and growing like a weed so I'll expect adjustments for a while :)

I painted up the helmet for him and have a nice gloss white paint job. Just missing the tube stripes and hovi's. Trying to source some mini hovis but will probably have to fashion some out of milliput or something.

All for now but here's a little pic of the almost finished helmet

Posted Image

and especially for the ladies

Beach Troopers :)

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

Looks brilliant Mike, well done so far dude!

Why not drop trooper1/ Jay a pm and see if there's anything he can do with a pauldron?

Or, iirc, these ones are slightly undersized:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Stormtrooper-Shoulder-Pauldron-your-choice-of-colors-FREE-US-s-h-/360486674196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eeae1f14

• 2 weeks later...

Scaled a spare pauldron a bit. Not the tidiest job but not too noticeable. Would hit up trooper 1 for a pauldron but saving every penny for celebration.

Soooo..... Cool i love it, now make him a pack and get him deployed that whould be so awsome.

If only! I wanted to build him a pack but to be honest I just don't think I could. My own pack was a hard enough build. A t21 though that's something I could have ready for him by celebration :)

I'm sure a pack would be doable mate. Some smaller cat litter trays or something like that and some styrene sheeting.

Nick

Yeah it's been done before. I've seen a mini pack in person and they're great!

Hey Mike. Great job man! He is gonna love it.

I did one of these a couple years back for my boy Aidan. I did the pack as well and the mini pauldron I had made by Pandatrooper.

Wodchuck did a very speacial version of a mini T-21 for him as well.

I have since sold the pack to another UK guy for his son. Pretty sure that is the pack that Smally and some others have seen around.

Let me know if you want one down the road. I could build another for ya.

Here are some pics of my son's gear...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He's over the moon with it desperate to suite up and get out in public :) we are still waiting for his under suit to arrive so he can join the academy but he's already picked out the patches he wants me to buy him. During his suit up he wanted to hold my t21 but he looked so small by comparison :)

He's over the moon with it desperate to suite up and get out in public :) we are still waiting for his under suit to arrive so he can join the academy but he's already picked out the patches he wants me to buy him. During his suit up he wanted to hold my t21 but he looked so small by comparison :)

Lol I bet the T21 drowns him doesn't it? Lol

Top work Mike, well done ;)