Cushman blaster review (MG-34) DLT-19 heavy blaster

LOL. Jeez whitecommando. Ouch...

It seems like hyperfirm is in every cushman thread you have. If you are not careful, people will start ordering hyperfirm from you...LOL. You definately put alot of effort into peddling your cushmans around town. I personally have never seen one but the more I hear about them, the more interested I become. They sound great. Someday, I will buy one.

Look, I definately deserve the bad PR regarding shipping. This is something I am remedying at this point. Slavefive is working really hard at squaring away the mess from the past. I supposed we'll let time heal that wound. I appreciate the help very much. I think that everyone should recognize that the upset should be with me and not with Lewis or Nathan. They both have done their best to fix the problems that spawned with me. They have both also ALWAYS shipped immediately and/or do not even sell unless guns are in hand.

I'm not sure why you would attack the quality of our MG-34. I'm pretty sure the real MG-34 will just press fit back into the mold ours are cast from. As far as the painting of the rubber MG-34s, you don't need special paints unless spray paint and house paint have fallen into the "special" category.

Seriously. All kidding aside. Regardless of price, I think we both have spectacular products for the price. I'm glad you have come around so that people who can't afford the rubber guns can get ahold of an MG-34 for a low cost solution.

Hopefully, you will get past the differences we've had. I am flattered that you constantly compare your MG-34 to ours. I appreciate the praise. We worked hard to get the real MG-34 and mold it.

The cushmans look great by-the-way! Keep up the good work.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see improvement. This is the first I have heard from John in months. I did not mean to "ouch" you...

People, I have learned over the last several months have issues with Cushman using styrene (that will not change, but the pull method has, resulting in way better AND tighter pulls)... but he is an excellent fulfiller of orders, and he guarantees his work, and his stuff is very, very inexpensive. Sci-Fire makes, in the collective opinion of most people in the forums, the hands-down, best trooping weapon available... but has been somewhat plagued by delivery issues... as asmitted by John above.

That being said, we should point out the facts to encourage improvements where we can, and not use them as fodder for fighting.

John, I appreciate the e-mail last night AND the offer of a Hyperfirm... as a "chill-pill" gesture.

So, peace out. Game over. No crying in Baseball... and raise a few for peaceful arming of the masses... be it Poly-Styrene or be it Hyper-Firm Rubber.

Remember, at the heart of all this... these are just... toys.

John

i know that this topic seems to be finished and im not saying any of this to stir the hornets nest, however, i would like to offer everyone here pictures of their new product because as i have said, i just purchased one and i was told i would get one before Halloween. Second they told me that they would email me as soon a it is shipped. I will post a whole new topic once i receive the MG34 and take the best pictures i can. Im hoping to receive it somewhen by maybe next week. One thing i can say is that in the correspondences i have had, they've been very nice and they said they are doing their best.

and just a follow up on a thought: Over on the the Sith Lord Detachment forum, they have a vendor feedback forum. To help newbies and to help keep an eye out for good stuff and and eye out for the bad why not create one here in the MEPD too? I think this would be beneficial to everyone.

I was wondering the same thing. Who did you order from? If Cushman, I can check with him... if he is back-logged, I have a stash of them and could send one out to you.

Was it kit-form or finished?

Let Sci-Fire and me know.

i just purchased one and i was told i would get one before Halloween.

Cushman?

Its a Cushman. i ordered a complete with the bipod because I was worried about time constraints with me making it (I need it by Halloween). I know it was mentioned about not making armor if you don't know how to put a kit together and to be honest I don't think to highly of my skills. I'm trying and learning and I'd really rather buy something like this complete and let a professional do it. Thats why they say buy the FX first as a starting ground. if i feel that I can move on i may try buying a kit and doing it for myself. PM being sent as well.

I agree with whitecommando as far as making this an objective look / comparison. It would be great to have a thread that deals with the hyperfirm quality and delivery since I've definately had problems. With Lewis and Nathan essentially running everything now, I think it will work out great for a thread like this to exist.

I get to be the first to bash Slavefive and Slave1pilot though...k?

John

OK, I've read the threads and have also recently purchased an MG-34. I will be the "Yin" to Vadersf15t "Yang" as I went the Hyper-firm route where he purchased the Cushman model. I wil also report on the service that I have received and let everyone know how the deal went from start to finish. I figure it will help benefit everyone and possibly put this to rest.

I posted Paypal payment for the gun last night Thursday 10/18/2007. Sunce I used my checking account, the payment must clear first. I am dealing with Lewis and he has responded to all of my emails in a timely manner. The weapon is said to be already formed as well as painted so there should be no "production" time.

Lewis posted to me on this site that it is already boxed up and ready to be sent out. He also indicated that my PayPal payment is scheduled to clear on Tuesday and the gun will go out then.

I opted for standard UPS delivery so California to Arizona should not take too long. Lewis stated that I should have weapon-in-hand prior to trooping Mill Avenue on Halloween.

As a reference to all the troopers, I will post progress as I hear it so that everyone can make informed purchases in the future.

Here is the link to the "deal" thread: http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3277&highlight=

Steve

My Hyperfirm came today. I pulled it out and it looks great. It is slightly lighter than my cast resin one and will bounce when I drop it where the cast resin one did NOT.

Overall, I am very hapy with Lewis as the deal went fast and smooth.

I can only hope that this will be the beginning of reliable, quality service, from a remarkable prop weapon maker. I will be buying a Lewis gun from Lewis in the future.

Thank you sir,

Steve

Send me a PM. I can refer you to a guy that sells styrene MG-34s like the one below, and he will ship outside the USA.

Posted Image

It also splits for smaller package shipping.

But remember, this is an apples and oranges type of weapon. Both the Sci-Fire AND Cushman V2 guns are pretty to see, both in pics and in person. They have different traits as far as durability (Sci-Fire is more solid and the Cushman bounces when dropped... that being said, if you are really rough with a Cushman, you can crush it - which I do not recommend for any prop), there are small quirks specific to their different style of fabrication (Cushman has a seam where the sides overlap and Sci-fire has a less pronounced seam where the moulds align), and price.

But, there is an effort (at least I am trying to say) to make it clear that there are probably more potential customers for MG-34s that neither SciFire, Cushman, nor both combined could satisfy with their current level of production.

So get what you can get whenever they are available... and what you want in options, and so forth.

I await your PM.

John

Hmmmm...to bad that I live outside the USA. so the Hyperfirm can't be send to me...

OK that issue is now solved.