The Master in Paradise...

hpdblues

Awesome GUNS! Thanks for the update on the broken molds. It's awesome to hear that Matt is in Hawaii and is enjoying himself. It's also great to hear that the TE lineage will most likely continue. I'd love to get a suit eventually or at least a helmet. Keep us all informed and be sure to take some pictures of the master at work with the new owners! I'd love to see the process. Take care

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you´ve got to get me one of the signed helmets, tony!

keep us updated...

i´m soooo happy the TE-line will continue... you know!

matt, have fun on this wonderful journey to hawaii!

good to hear you spend a good time in paradies!

That is what I am having here in Hawaii! I am busy as e finished the table yesterday and also got together with the 501st locals and jaw-jacked and helped assemble a GT suit last night. I can say without a doubt, these guys are the best, most top notch and most organized group i have EVER seen, and I have seen them all... They are close to me now and I will for sure be coming back here as soon as I can. I am even contemplating a move here as well.

Guns and his family are so sweet to let me stay with them and have shown me more friendship and love than I have felt in a while. It is refreshing that during my most dark times that friends can mean so much more than family sometimes. I am truly blessed to be here.

Stay tuned.. it starts today... continues into next week and then the magic begins..

I cannot take anymore time as I am psyching myself up to get to work! I apologize in advance for not answering all emails timely. I will when I return on Sat to Oregon.

Matt

That is what I am having here in Hawaii! I am busy as e finished the table yesterday and also got together with the 501st locals and jaw-jacked and helped assemble a GT suit last night. I can say without a doubt, these guys are the best, most top notch and most organized group i have EVER seen, and I have seen them all... They are close to me now and I will for sure be coming back here as soon as I can. I am even contemplating a move here as well.

Guns and his family are so sweet to let me stay with them and have shown me more friendship and love than I have felt in a while. It is refreshing that during my most dark times that friends can mean so much more than family sometimes. I am truly blessed to be here.

Stay tuned.. it starts today... continues into next week and then the magic begins..

I cannot take anymore time as I am psyching myself up to get to work! I apologize in advance for not answering all emails timely. I will when I return on Sat to Oregon.

Matt

Now you did it! I'm gettin' all homesick and wondering why I ever left the islands.

Glad to hear you're enjoying that aloha spirit brah'. Send pics of da kine, eh?

I'm gettin' all homesick and wondering why I ever left the islands.

Maybe you can cite all the reasons you tell me & Lisa not to move to Hawaii?

Unless you're waiting for us to move there first...

Hey gang,

I realize that this photo could go on the other thread that Matt started, however I chose to place it here because he is in "paradise". Look at what he did with a "little" help from me!!!

Posted Image

More photos to follow...

Geez, could it get any better? Hanging out in Hawaii with TE making helmets and armor? Next thing you'll tell me there's beer there too.

Man, now that really is paradise

Hey guys.. I love the fact that you are all loving the work that was done and I am so thrilled and humbled that you love the work that I do..

BUT.... I am getting requests and PM's for prices and also availibility and here is what I have to post here: I am NOT associated with the sales or prices that the new mold owners are going to institute. I know 2 suits and a ton of helmets were made. what I dont know is the new owners plan. I wish I could say and I just cannot.

I was a hired gun and did my magic and did the FYI as to how to make the molds and plastic work in conjunction and create suits. I am out. I finished the last 2 helmets with some help and I am all done.

When I return to Oregon on Sat morn, TE is gone forever. Only the suit name lives on. Kinda like Levis and Op shorts. It is now just a brand and not a person or institution.

I love you all and I wish I could have finished all the orders you all wanted to have filled. Sadly this could not happen. I will be here for questions and advice, but nothing more.

TTY all soon!

Matt

Posted Image

Watt's up cuz? The very first business breakfast was at the local Bob's Big Boy Restaurant in the Mapunapuna district. Matt was already "wheelin & dealin" on his "new" cellular telephone. Did you notice TK-2581.5 in the corner...who needs a TK.05???

Posted Image

Here's Matt "being detained" by federal police for illegal fishing on Bishop Point on Hickam AFB. Bummer dudes.

Posted Image

After explaining that my "out-of-town guest" was none other than the world-famous TE - now known only as Matt, they let us go with only a warning. We then visited one of the old WWII-era defensive bunkers still on Hickam AFB.

Posted Image

We then raced out to world-famous Waikiki - it seems that Matt forgot his sunglasses so he decided to contribute a few U.S. $$$ to the local economy for a pair of Oakleys.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Matt's first day in Hawaii ended with an informal gathering of the 501st Pacific Outpost crewmembers at the Big City Diner Restaurant.

Posted Image

As always, TK-2581.5 always on the alert for Rebel scum. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_eek.gif

Posted Image

With the first day gone, it was time to "BUILD A TABLE". But first a "little fan" says hi to Matt.

Posted Image

Here's table #1. It's a temporary table to be used in Mrs. X's kitchen while a 220V source is being secured for a "future" site. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_eek.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

A shot of Matt with Jonathan SAGUN - they're building the "final" permanent table for the future site. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_biggrin.gif

Posted Image

Here's a picture of table #1 at rest in Mrs. X's kitchen ready for the first TE pulls in Hawaii. Cheeho!!! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_biggrin.gif

Posted Image

"This will be a day long remembered." The first successful pulls (and failures) of TE armor in Hawaii. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_biggrin.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

While Matt was here there was no wasted time on his itinerary. Here's Matt sharing his armor expertise with Pac501 crewmembers at "The Bat Cave". {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cool.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What better way to celebrate some successful armor pulls than to log-in some flight time with our own TD-7377, Chris LOVEWELL.

Posted Image

Here's Matt with Ms. Mallory BURKE, his helper for the last two TE helmets. On Matt's lap is his "beef jerky" partner, Buster.

Posted Image

Let us gather and celebrate and give thanks to THE MAKER. (No not Matt!) Here's the GUNS Clan dining out with our special guest at Kincaid's Restaurant in the Ward Center.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A trip to the USS Arizona Memorial was on Matt's "to do" list for his final day in Hawaii.

Posted Image

And lastly my friends I'll end off this post with a photo of the very FIRST TE helmet pulled in Hawaii.

{SMILIES_PATH}/salute.gif

Hey gang,

I've posted some additional photos of Matt's visit to Hawaii. He's now safe and sound back on the mainland. Take care Matt!! We had a GREAT TIME having you visit us. You certainly impressed Mr. & Mrs. X.

You're always welcome here amigo!!! God bless!