Countdown to CVI who's attending

trooper1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap. I can't for the life of me find the photo on F-book of the 501st group shot with buckets off. All the TDs with T-21s had their helmets on the barrels in the air. Totally badass. Anyone get a close up of that?

The MEPD group photos are a breath of fresh air. Looking great!

Aloha,

-Eric

good pics. I probably talked to alot who were there but place was very crowded and I was distracted by everything CVI was the coolest event I ever been to. After seeing some of your armor up close I am now 10 times more eager to build mine Ya'll looked great and my family and I had alot of fun so thanks for doing what you do:)

Here is a question for you guys attending, and I don't mean to be elitist, but to understand if the existence of our detachment is actually achieving its purpose:

In your CVI experience, could you tell right away which TDs have been "mentored" by the MEPD, and which not.

Or, could you tell which TDs were part of our detachment and which not?

Me, from the MEPD group pictures, I can see a really cool consistency and a very high standard in all of you guys there. But, what happened when you stand besides a non-member?

Could they tell something was different with their armor compared to yours?

Coould ppl tell?

This, well, is just to get a thermometer reading of our roll in the Legion.

:)

Saludos

I could tell a noticeable difference in the majority of the TDs I saw there. The things I looked at and could tell was a give away that they were MEPD was: the accuracy of the pack was spot on, most were constructed using the cover strip method, and the type of helmet. Usually if two of the three things applied to them, that person was MEPD.

The general public can't tell the difference from a shadow trooper from Darth Vadrer. I didn't build my TD for them anyway, I built it for me and my pride. Another legion member could defiantly tell a difference. I think you all as a detachment staff, set the bar at a high enough place that is still obtainable, but requires some skill, time, and dedication to obtain. And once someone achieves that, its shows enough in our armor ( and pride) that any 501st member can tell a difference.

Well that just my thoughts on the whole thing. I look forward to seeing all of you again in two years at CVII TROOP ON!!!!

I agree with Mouse. It was very easy to tell the differences in who were MEPD and those that were not. Assembly methods, backpacks, Pauldrons, weathering, and helmets. I saw quite a few with rivets holding parts up that we're showing on the outsides of parts. Like thighs, and shoulder bells. Also just things that we here help each other to fix when building our suits to make them more correct.

Agree also with recognizing MEPD by quality and armor/helmet. Although I like to ask if someone is in MEPD anyway.

Would be nice to do a patrol or something together next time, maybe after the picture. I know a group of TDs will be able to clear a path easily through those crowds.

Had a blast at CVI. It was my first Con ever and what a way to start. I am the lone girl in the picture, but you would never know with my helmet on.

I agree with everything that was said. The biggest tell for me was the sandtrooper walking around Friday with his pauldron on the wrong shoulder. Also, the quality of the pauldron. We saw one that looked more like a plastic bag. Had no shape to it at all.

I was happy to meet all of you and look forward to CVII. I agree with ground pounder, next time we need to plan something and show them all how it is done.

Colleen (weena) Bucholtz