My scratchbuilt MG-15!

Hi guys,

Just wanna share with you guys my scratchbuilt MG-15. I have been building it for a couple of months, squeezing a couple of hours out of my bz schedule with my newborn everyday.

I'm pretty proud of my final product & hope you guys like it too. Will be using it for my future troops with my TD armor.

http://img526.images...d=img0061lw.jpg

andrew,very nice build my friend,looks fantastic!

ive always thought of maybe building one myself but never looked to much into it!

a few questions-

1. was it expensive to build and were the parts easy to source?

2. what plans and tutorials did you use?

3. was it fairly easy to build and how long did it take?

be great to here your feedback,thanks :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I am curious too. I am in the process of building a MG-15 and I am using templets created by Dashrazor. So far,I have found the shroud barrel to be the most difficult to perfect. I have invested about 10.00 USD for the PVC and 20.00 for the front scope. My question is what did you use for hte snooper scope and the other rear scope?

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! :thumbsup: Glad that my piece is well received by all of you :td: !

Now to answer some of your questions.

To Inglorious Trooper:-

1. I think i spent about US$300.00 for all the parts. Most of them are relatively easy to find @ hardware stores.

2. I used most of the tutorials & pictures from this topic in the forum. Many of them are very useful and i just use my intuition to figure how to make & assemble the parts. I will post some of my WIP pictures of my MG15 here and hope they are some use to you.

3. Its pretty easy if you have some technical background. I built toys models so i guess i have a little more advantage but i guess if you put your heart to it & you enjoy what you are doing, nothing will be difficult. I have a 5 month old baby at home so i couldn't use most of my free time. I only make use of the time when hes sleeping to make a little progress here & there. Overall, i spent a couple of months to finish the end product. :sweat:

To PatrickW1074:-

I used just plain 3/4" PVC pipe to make my barrel shroud. My barrel shroud is another shorter piece of PVC pipe join to the end of the longer PVC main barrel. I used a dremel tool to make the square markings at one end of it and stick this end to the other end of the longer main barrel. At the other end of the barrel shroud, i just glue a metal washer of the same diameter to it. Both the hte snooper scope & rear scope are also made from different sizes of PVC pipes & reducers glued together. I have also use a rubber scope bought at army surplus shop (US$20.00) for the rear scope. Hope i have answer your queries, bro! :thumbsup:

I have added in some of my WIP pictures so they might help you understand what are some of the other parts of my MG15.

http://imageshack.us/g/526/img0061lw.jpg/

Feel free to contact me if you need any help. I'll be most glad to answer any questions i'm capable of. :yes:

It looks awesome!

Great job there Andrew!

Reminds me of my own MG15 build, but yours looks more professional.

:)

Saludos.

Thanks bro! I'm sure yours is a pretty awesome piece too. I might even have used yours as a guide if you have posted pics here before. Do you have a pic to show me?

Cheers!

Andrew

Tis is mine... Picture a bit old, with my old FX armor. The MG15 I have not used in some years. This picture was talen maybe 3 years ago. I like how it looks but if you come close to it, it looks all messy and not that perfect.

But it was my first build, which I upgraded several times to being it to how it looks in the picture.

:)

Posted Image

Saludos.

What did you use fo rthe snooper scope eye piece. Is that something made out of rubber?

Yes Patrick. That is actually a real sniper rubber eye piece i got from my local tactical warfare equipment shop. it cost about US$20.00.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...