AM end caps / AM Thermal Det control panel....what size tube should I use?

silverboyd

The only thing I have left to do is to add the mortar tube and radar dish to my backpack and then I can submit photos. I seem to be running into a delimma though. I measured the diameter of the AM end caps (normally used for the thermal detonator) and they seem to measure roughly 2 3/4" in diameter. I am only able to find the black ABS tube in my local Lowe's and the closest I can find is 2 1/2". Any suggestions as to what I should do? I considered opting out for just some ABS / PVC tube end caps but also could not find any? i'm also wondering if the AM thermal detonator control panel (used on the mortar tube) is also going to be a problem when trying to fit it on. If I have trouble with the control panel I'll just hit it with the heat gun....but the end caps are stumping me. Has anyone else had a problem with using the end caps / control panel that the AM armor kits come with?

I'd say just make your own end caps man. Get a PVC coupler and cut it in half. Cut a circular piece of plastic that is the same size as the pipe. Sand it paint it white with appliance paint and call it a day

The end caps that come with the AM kit for the Thermal Detonator are bigger. They are made to fit on the included detonator tube halves that come with the kit.

Like Rick said, you can make your own or you can get a set from Mike at TrooperBay.com that are made to fit on the 2" ABS tubing from Lowes or Home Depot.

The AM control panel can be used on the 2" pipe, although you may need to heat it up slightly with a hair dryer or heat gun and shape it a bit.