Armor RTA

SID

Photos can interpreted differently.

Our forms are good.

This topic informative nobody does not force anyone to do anything.

Correcting mistakes - indicated by friends.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul has all the proof you could ask for. He's got pics that blow RTA (Recasted Troopermaster Armour) out of the water. Just check his photos - its right there.

Not only that, but we can all tell Paul's shins anywhere, its always the first piece of TM that I notice first.

The proof has been shown and it is as clear as day what they have done but no one cares.

Brad....you have also seen me working on armour moulds recently .........

I wonder who is going to get ripped off here?

not you paul !

i will never be able to recreate what you have achieved buddy ! i am just having a go at building armour to fit the bigger trooper ,but to get the details as good as i can ! i cast defunct armour parts as a base and carved away like mad on them to improve the look from the original FX state ! i have invfited many people to view my F.B conversation to see what i am doing ,cos i have nothing to hide here ! i have been using blu ray ANH screen caps to work from , .....TROOPERMASTER IS THE BEST -FULL STOP ! and i will never get it as good - and wouldnt even attempt to mate ! :salute:

i feel like i am also being accused of recasting TM now ! :6: i have invited my friend BillHag to my F.B conversation too, so he can see the progress for himself Paul ! if you are on F.B ,you can see my attempts too buddy .....I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE ! :yes:

I wonder who is going to get ripped off here?

Whoa! That's a bit harsh!

No one is getting ripped off dude, in fact Dave has even been given permission by the owner of the helmet moulds to recast and rework them. I know that Dave would never recast anyone else's work as he has a strong stance against it.

I'm sure he will post up all the work in progress pictures on the forums when he's ready - although even the bosses of the forum are aware of the work he's doing here. And knowing him as well as I do, if at any stage he was told that its was considered as recasting he would stop and find other avenues. ;)

some of the MEPD staff are also viewing my progress on this F.B conversation thread too ! and not one piece of T.M is being used for reference ,as you will see, if you want to join the thread buddy :salute:

not being disrespectful to you here Paul,just feel that the months of hard grafting on these moulds has earnt me the title of a recaster,which as Brad says ,is something i am totally against ! i even asked staff and other influential people if using FX armour as a base to work from would be classed as re-casting ! .... the hero lid i am working on was base cast off a Master Replicas lid (and heavily modded !,and i have permission to base cast and modify the stunt lid from the owner of the original mould too .....if this stuff ever sells,i have even stated that a percentage of the profits goes to one of the UKG charities,and the Allen Poole memorial fund !

after all the hard work i have put into this project, i kind of feel really deflated now, reading this stuff !

WHY am i defending myself here ? ive done nothing wrong have i ? if base casting defunct / in-accurate stuff to improve on is a crime , then i await my punishment guys !

Wait wait guys please keep this topic for the RTA discussion and I guess it's enough.

@David I think you're doing all right mate, there's nothing to worry about. You're showing even too much on the WIP like nobody else did so far!

Ive been working with Dave on this armour building. Its been a long time in the making. First we started with the hand guards using plaster to cast of a laser cutted wood design i built at work. We soon gained confidence to proceed to adapt the FX armour which we had lying around. We have made the complete arms, catering for the bigger trooper. Im 6'4 so ive got a few gaps to get rid of, it made sense to build our own molds as plaster is so easy to work with. Its taking alot of graft but between two of us and alot of chiseling, we have made great progress. I could identify our kit with ease, i would never recast as it would be too easy to spot, regardless of the ethics involved. We want to make affordable armour that is top quality for the bigger guys as well as allowing scope for the smaller trooper to trim down. We also want to donate back to the running of the UKG and MEPD sites. Its been a good blast so far, many cans of Carlin has been drunk whilst building the kit, and many more will follow. We have only used defunct FX armour and and MR Lid as a base to work from. These have been heavily altered and are unrecognizable.

i feel like i am also being accused of recasting TM now ! :6: i have invited my friend BillHag to my F.B conversation too, so he can see the progress for himself Paul ! if you are on F.B ,you can see my attempts too buddy .....I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE ! :yes:

I am not acusing you of anything. It was a simple question. It seems everyone is making armour these days and no one cares about the origins of the armour they have recast. I look forward to seeing more of your project when you present it.

i would be honoured if you would cast your expert eye over the work and give me some pointers matey :salute: i appreciate how easily someone can just re cast a suit and sell it ! ,but when we spend 6-8 hours every day carving away at 1 leg piece, or an ab etc; it really brings it home to you how so many armour makers must feel when some people justtake the easy option and directly recast their work ! .....i totally understand how you feel here buddy ! i am in early stages with my effort but would feel the same if it was done to me too!

We estimate its gonna take 200hrs to carve the armor working from the FX kit based on the time weve spent already. Thats just for the Mk1 version, im sure as people comment on the finished design we will go back to the molds and refine the suit all the time. Its gonna cost a fortune in beer. Id be cheesed if someone recasted all that hard work.

you keep sculpting away at what your doing dave!!!

as long as you show your progress buddy(which i know you will),you have nothing to hide!

the whole idea is for you to do your own close interpretation of what trooper armour should look

like!

we all know its not just doing a nice looking sculpt,but how well it fits a person when they wear it!!

you have NOBODY to answer to as long as your going about it the right way!

nobody can stop you from doing your own take on this armour,and until you have the full

job finished!

you go my for it,i cant wait to have another armourer to choose from,

all the best mate!! :thumbsup:

ohh,forgot to say"76 ALL THE WAY DUDERS"hehehehe :td:

Sorry guys. Just two comments on this:

We as individuals, as Legion Members, and as the MEPD staff are very much against recasting of anykind. But as Rolf already said, our hands are tied due to the Legion charter stand and policies on recasting.

We, anyway, are allowed and encourage to ban any kind of open promotion or selling of armor in runs (specially if recasted).

So, we can't do much about recasting but can help preventing recasters to promote and sell their stuff.

Having said that, stay on topic. This thread is about RTA discussion. If anyone wants to discuss the 76 duders' armor, please start a new topic.

And again, if we (or anyone) detect any promotion or armor sale, this thread will be locked.

;)

Saludos.

Juan

It has been brought to my attention that open ARMOR promotion and sales offers might have been happening lately in this and other threads.

I will take personally the task of checking posts and threads to make sure the forum rules are followed by all.

Sorry if we sent the wrong message by not acting on that issue. Promoting armor as a product and not a personal item, and selling armor as a serial production item is not allowed on the forum at all.

Armor is only allowed to be sold on the forum as a personal item from one individual to another and only in the right sections.

Discussing personal armor, armor building, armor making and mould making is allowed as long as it is not aimed for commercializing or to create a market or business oportunity.

:)

Sorry for any crossed signals and for not enforcing forum rules if that were the case.

Saludos.

Juan

XO

I think that people like SID should be banned from this board.

He's a thief and a liar the proofs he showed are ludicrous, there's only a bad test on foam of the backplate that doesn't even match with the one he claims to be his work.

Clearly RTA is a TM recast, period.

I can't accept this.

Hey Ruggero,

Even if I stand with you on the issue against any kind of recasting... you must understand that there is not an official 501st rule against it. And this is a 501st official chapter so, technically, he is not going against any rule as long as he does not sells it in any 501st forums.

Really sorry bro, but that is the rule and applies to him and every single vendor/maker.

Selling white armor is a delicate matter to this club, and many times it looks like making no sense, but as XO, I have to comply with the rules and make users and members follow them. If you spot any post where a vendor/maker sells white armor in the form or runs or comercializes it a "mass produced" item, let me know so we can act accordingly.

Now, please stay on topic and lets not have a flaming war started.

If you have any question or suggestion, please contact me via PM.

:)

Saludos.

Juan

You're right Juan, but then tell me why this thread is still open.

To talk about a personal project? Not at all.

To follow an interesting working in progress? I don't think so.

I think that Sid did wrong opening this thread since the beginning. That's it.

Doing that he was showing off his list of products.

There's no way to avoid inflaming posts on this thread. I am afraid.

We all know what he did so far. We stand all together against the re-caster.

I guess we should just ignore him and people like him, to give them less room as possible. Even though there's no fixed rules against the re-caster in the 501st Legion.

The people here around are not stupid, Sid.

You're right Juan, but then tell me why this thread is still open.

To talk about a personal project? Not at all.

To follow an interesting working in progress? I don't think so.

I think that Sid did wrong opening this thread since the beginning. That's it.

Doing that he was showing off his list of products.

There's no way to avoid inflaming posts on this thread. I am afraid.

We all know what he did so far. We stand all together against the re-caster.

I guess we should just ignore him and people like him, to give them less room as possible. Even though there's no fixed rules against the re-caster in the 501st Legion.

The people here around are not stupid, Sid.

100% agree.

When its as obvious as this, members will not stand by and let it just happen. If members keep being told to "not have a flaming war' then these people will have a thread to promote their armour (which isn't really theirs) and get sales. It's disgusting that the 501st forums allow this.

Sid, we all know what you've done here and most of us have been in this game long enough to spot recasting when it happens. Stop treating us like we are stupid and can't tell the difference between TM and your recasted TM.

I suggest this thread be locked, boss. ;)

I'm sorry departs from the subject reasoning to be sick.

You can delete this topic, I'm tired of this.

No offense -

what it is like someone imprints weapon and doing castings??? .

About this no one writes.

I'm tired of the fight, please delete this topic.

RTA is not a copy TM a work several persons and ponat lasted two years.