Mortar Tube?

TD654

I was wondering what everyone is using for the motar tube. I have read the post about the black abs pipe but I cant seem to find anything in Michigan. On my old pack I used PVC but that is just to heavy and always pulled my pack to one side. Some help would be appreciated.

From what I understand, the local Home Depots and Lowes in your areas only carry the Black ABS pipe if the local building codes allow it to be used in construction. If it is not allowable for your area, they will not have it.

I have 2 Home Depots near me that are about 15 miles apart. One carries it and one doesn't.

If you need one Phil, let me know and I can ship one to you pre-cut to the correct length.

Shoot me a PM.

Thanks quartermaster and dirtyboy for the help I did manage to find a 5ft length at a menards they didnt have many but they had all I needed. I appreciate all the help.

Thanks quartermaster and dirtyboy for the help I did manage to find a 5ft length at a menards they didnt have many but they had all I needed. I appreciate all the help.

Anytime Phil. That's what we're here for.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought I had one but it's not 2". Just sent some PM's. It's all I need to finish my pack. Home Depot and Lowes dont carry it around here. I did find 20' sections at a solar company though, but they wont cut it for me which is stupid. I know they've got scraps laying around there too...

i pick up scrap pieces all the time as i work on a building site!

if anyone in the u.k. is stuck for any just let me know,just pay postage!

obviously it would not be worth shipping to the u.s. unless anyone(rick or john) knows better,

i can get as much as anyone needs within reason,also lab pipe and other sizes! :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Hi Ed,

DirtyBoy is right, it is more important to have the tube in proportion for the rest of the pack, especially if you are building your own from scratch.

I've been using 30" for the tube length for my kits.

Good luck!

Charlie