Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'giostyle'.
Found 2 results
Howdy folks, Could do with some suggestions, as I’ve run into some trouble separating the parts of my canteen. The bottom came off reasonably well. I prised it slowly all the way round until the glue gave way. The problem has been the top part. It is glued in so strongly that I am damaging the dark green plastic case trying to lever it off. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem or has another solution. I’ve butchered it quite a bit already and am trying to avoid damaging it any more. Help!
OK time is ripe for another project, in this case, the backpack. Took some time to assemble everything, especially in this part of the world. But everything is finally in place. I have to thank @Strider a lot because i did bombard him with tons of questions and he has been very patient to provide me all the necessary info. Backpack i will emulate here is the "Move along" #3 trooper's backpack. Warning: Not for the faint of heart: A lot of bondos, not pretty by sight (at least not yet), as this is pure DIYs and DIYs are not always pretty. The Frame (vintage karrimor). Measured it at 0.774 in diameter. I had to source the red canvas as what i got was definitely not red. Pre fitting, accurate seedtrays are i believe thanks to @Strider. Who had shared with the sandy community close-to-screen accurate seedtrays. (pardon the mess, i know) Attached the red fabric onto it, painted the frame black: Gio Style Canteen. Closely followed @Airborne Trooper on the proper way to mod the canteen. Again, a lot of bondos. As for the top, i used a 1/2" hose pipe, inserted a marker (fit nicely) to properly shape it nice and straight. SHORT COMMERCIAL BREAK: if you ever need a close match to the Giostyle canteen, look no further, i introduce to you its brother: Lionstar canteen. Made in Indonesia, and i happen to supply them. (1:1 scale) BACK: Ammo shells (this will be irregular in shape). Coloring the seedtrays: RAL7031 is what i use. I must admit, i didn't expect to find that specific of a color in this part of the world. But here it is: RAL7031, Jotun brand. Sonix Radio, i got from @woodman . Modded a lot of stuff on the inside, as i want it to open and close (yet sturdy). Electronic chatter will be installed in the future. WARNING: ugly image to follow. Bear with me please Siphon, i will use a vintage Shires siphon. It IS a Shires' siphon; not saying this is THE one, it should be very similar to what the screen used (no conclusive evidence & info on how many variations Shires produced their siphons then). But judging from their shape & length, this should be "close to accurate". Left: Shires Siphon UP90, Right: Gordon's Last for now, my favorite, the water bottles. I sourced a lot of bottles but finally managed to settle on one type: 1500ml Loreal Shampoo. width should be +/- 9.5 cm . Mine: 9.6cm The height of the bottles, from end of the plunger, to the bottom of the bottles should be pretty near to +/- 20cm (might be shorter). I will have this cut to see how it'll match screen accurate wise. That's all for now. Constructive feedbacks are always welcomed. I hope i can wrap this up by the end of this week. Will post more. Thanks for watching.