Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bee stinger'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Announcements
    • Announcements
    • MEPD Newsletters
  • MEPD Recruitment
    • MEPD Police Officer Program
    • MEPD S.W.A.T. Program
    • Ambassador/Armorer Program
  • The Mos Eisley Police Department
    • The Barracks
    • Tours of Duty
    • MEPD.net Feedback
    • Off Topic Cantina
  • Core Sandtrooper Elements
    • Pouches, Pauldrons, and other Accessories
    • Weathering
    • Sandtrooper Electronics
  • Sandtrooper Weaponry
    • T-21, DLT-19, RT-97c Heavy Blasters
    • E-11 and Bapty Blasters
  • Mos Eisley Sandtroopers
    • Sandtrooper Armor
    • Field Backpack
    • Special Edition Armor
    • Special Edition Field Backpack
  • Jedha City Sandtroopers
    • Rogue One Sandtrooper Armor
    • Jedha Sandtrooper Field Pack
    • Crystal Patrol Field Pack
    • Rogue One Blasters
  • Sullust Magma Troopers
    • Battlefront Magma Trooper Armor
    • Battlefront Magma Trooper Field Pack

Found 2 results

  1. Using one of Vincent's canteens to make the bee stinger for the sandtrooper pack can be completed in several ways. This is just the method on how I completed it. Couple views: The first step is to remove the straps then use a flat head screwdriver or any shimming device to pop off the tan top and bottom pieces. This is fairly easy to do just take your time. I use a plastic shim I bought from an auto parts store. I can't even tell you how many times I've used this in various projects. Next, you'll want to use a hacksaw or dremel to cut off the spout or opening of the canteen as flush to the top as you can. You will also need to sand down the lip and piping on the cap. Alternatively, you could use a scrap piece of ABS and make a circle. Once I shaved the cap down, I used it as a template to widen the hole on the canteen. You will need to do this so the cap fits inside the canteen once you put the top tan plastic piece back on. I used a 3/4" hose commonly used on a kitchen sink hose for the stinger itself. I used a wooden dowel inside of it to stiffen it up. Drill a 3/4" hole on the center of the cap and insert the stinger. I glued it in place from inside of the cap. I then glued the cap inside of the top plastic piece. Finish it off by painting it black as well as the bottom plastic piece. The Lion Star canteen and Gio Style Safari 600 both have a texture that we are unsure of was present in the movie or not. I decided to remove the texture with an orbital sander. I painted the body of the canteen battleship grey and reattached the components.
  2. Canteen to Bee Stinger Tutorial

    Using one of P3laton3 Canteens to make the bee stinger for the pack can be done several ways. This is the method that I decided to use. The Gio style canteen has a texture that we are unsure of was present in the movie or not. To be safe and after reviewing a few other builds, I decided to remove as much texture as possible. The first step is to remove the straps then use a flat head screwdriver or any shimming device to pop off the grey tops and bottoms. This is fairly easy to do just take your time. Next, you'll want to use a hacksaw or dremel to cut off the spout or opening of the canteen as flush to the top as you can. Using the cap as a template, trace an outline and use a sanding drum to hallow out the center. You can also sand the cap's ridges off to make it more circular. The cap will need to be able to sit in this opening and will house the hose. The next step will be sanding the top/bottom pieces and body of the canteen down. Alternatively, you could using filler and smooth it out. On these canteens there is a channel for the straps along the side. Using spare ABS a little less than 2mm wide and just long enough to go past the edges are used. I rounded off the edges using the sanding drum and heated them up in boiling water. This allowed me to bend the ends to contour the original shape as much as possible. I drilled a 3/4" hole on the cap to fit my hose into and glued the cap to the inside of the top plastic piece of the canteen. I painted the top/bottom and hose a satin black and the body with Rust-oleum satin slate blue then assembled the components. Make sure your cap fits into the opening snug and allows the top plastic piece sit flush how it is suppose to be. My paint job is no where near perfect but I believe it gets the job done. Any slight imperfections can be easily covered with weathering. I can adjust the length of the hosing by inserting more of the hose inside the canteen.
×