Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'gio style'.
Found 2 results
Howdy folks, Could do with some suggestions, as I’ve run into some trouble separating the parts of my canteen. The bottom came off reasonably well. I prised it slowly all the way round until the glue gave way. The problem has been the top part. It is glued in so strongly that I am damaging the dark green plastic case trying to lever it off. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem or has another solution. I’ve butchered it quite a bit already and am trying to avoid damaging it any more. Help!
Using one of Vincent's canteens to make the bee stinger for the sandtrooper pack can be completed in several ways. This is just the method on how I completed it. Couple views: The first step is to remove the straps then use a flat head screwdriver or any shimming device to pop off the tan top and bottom pieces. This is fairly easy to do just take your time. I use a plastic shim I bought from an auto parts store. I can't even tell you how many times I've used this in various projects. Next, you'll want to use a hacksaw or dremel to cut off the spout or opening of the canteen as flush to the top as you can. You will also need to sand down the lip and piping on the cap. Alternatively, you could use a scrap piece of ABS and make a circle. Once I shaved the cap down, I used it as a template to widen the hole on the canteen. You will need to do this so the cap fits inside the canteen once you put the top tan plastic piece back on. I used a 3/4" hose commonly used on a kitchen sink hose for the stinger itself. I used a wooden dowel inside of it to stiffen it up. Drill a 3/4" hole on the center of the cap and insert the stinger. I glued it in place from inside of the cap. I then glued the cap inside of the top plastic piece. Finish it off by painting it black as well as the bottom plastic piece. The Lion Star canteen and Gio Style Safari 600 both have a texture that we are unsure of was present in the movie or not. I decided to remove the texture with an orbital sander. I painted the body of the canteen battleship grey and reattached the components.