Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Today
  2. Since I finally got my @$$ in gear and modded the moulds. I know a lot of people struggle with the ears so I added the trim lines
  3. Nice one...thanks! Yeh, it’s been cleared since May 2018 with FISD and has been trooped at least once every weekend since then...it’s definitely had some use! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Cool, have fun building! @troopermaster, since when have you added those ridges to the ears, Paul? That's new.
  5. Hey Wayne, swift work on adding the required information and pics, thank you. Man your armor has already seen some tough times obviously. I'll be writing your review tomorrow, cheers mate.
  6. The belt is tricky to get right. The notches along the top have to sit into the ab details at a slight backward angle. Given the similarities between the R1 ST and TK belt set up, I got a Rob Kittelsen belt and will mount the plastic belt sections onto that with the cannister / rear section mounting on the back with velcro just like the ST. Kind of a shame that detail will just all be covered with the plash in the end. I’m using this pic for reference. Photo credit not mine.
  7. The butt is attached to the kidney piece, and the cod hangs from the ab section. Using my ATA TK suit and reference shots to scale the proportions and get the look right.
  8. For the ab and kidney sections I did a corsette type side closure system. The front ab and back kidney are separate, and Velcro side closure hidden near the black diagonal side strips. I prefer the snug wrap around approach to the suspended barrel type thing with the trauma/ backplate as the point of access. On mine the trauma plate will be permanently attached to the back. 850 have included plenty of additional parts to make sure the fit is good.
  9. Here are the pics u requested Hope these are ok [emoji4] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Nice to see you started a build thread, Daniel. Let's see some new photos of your progress
  11. Hi, thanks for looking at it so quickly! Apologies for missing those shots...I’ll get them done and sent in a bit later today...had to make an impromptu repair after kitting up yesterday and waiting for the glue to set [emoji51] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Thanks bro... I will apply this idea of yours to my shins! Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
  13. Yesterday
  14. The little bit of velcro you see on the front in that pic is to hold them onto the boot at the bottom.
  15. So it's velcro in the back (so it can be separated to put it on), and the front inside is held snug by elastic strips. However the elastic transfers the stress of clamshelling the armor to the elastic instead of putting it on the armor. If you glue the front, the stress may cause cracks. To emphasize: the only thing holding the front together are glued elastic strips (with E6000). They hold snug and you can't tell it's not glued.
  16. Hi Wayne, welcome to the sandpit and thank you for your interest in joining our deployed troops on Tatooine. I will be taking care of your review. I can already say that your gear looks good and suits you well. Nice job on that TK to TD conversion. Your application is tidy but I still have to ask for some additional imformation and pictures. Please edit your first post and add a link to your 501st profile. I will have to see some detail pics of the following things: -a pic in which you squeeze your handguards showing that they are flexible, either made of rubber or silicone. -a more detailed pic showing the six rivet connecting the ab and kidney. - a close-up of the chest bottom returnedge showing the six screws emulating the original bracket strapping. - a picture showing the strapping on the inside of your armor (don't worry, you do not need to have the screen-used bracket strapping). - a picture of the backside of the male snap on the abdomen on the right. - a picture of the rivets on your knee ammobelt. As soon as I have those, I can start the review, so way to go.
  17. Submission pics are in [emoji1696] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Wayne Winfield TD32945 ‘Waynocerous’ UK Garrison https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=27738 I think that’s everything Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Great Idea Urs, I love it. very nice work re-sculpting the second doll
  20. Gotten to the assembly stage finally... I suppose that’s a positive in all the CV19 drama. The decorative cover strips and resin details are attached following as much R1 reference as possible. It’s hard to replicate the injection moulded look of those R1 TKs but the detail pieces definitely sharpen the feel of the suit. 850 armour have come a long way since the first ST kit I got from them which needed a lot of work. Nice work guys. The ABS plastic is easy to work with and super durable, that’s why I went with the 850 kit versus the Flexi fibreglass JT kit.
  21. Waiting for the pics of the shin... Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
  22. Last week
  23. Hi, thanks for yr reply! Yeh, I think that’s the colour they are...looks like the same blue I had on my ab buttons and that’s definitely Humbrol 14. I’ll remove the mesh and kit up for the approval pics in the next few days [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. The screws look good. The right blue for the tube strips is "Humbrol 14". The mesh behind the teeth would have to be removed. Just try, submit the application and we'll process it according to the guidelines. But the one picture looks pretty good !.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...